[joomla] question about cookies in joomla

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 15:19:11 EDT 2011

On 9/15/2011 2:49 PM, Laura Gordon wrote:
> Gary,
> Thanks for your reply!  Do you know if this session cookie only
> applies when you are logged in to the system, or is it always enabled?

Assume that it always enabled - there was a lot of debate/discussion
about it on those forum threads because the EU passed a law which
specifically requires a website to ask BEFORE setting a session cookie,
but Joomla sets the session cookie before the page is even displayed.

As near as I can tell, it's just not easy/convenient to disable this
session cookie and because the law is so vague[and even the agencies
which are supposed to enforce this law use multiple session cookies on
their own websites] that I don't think absent any funding this will be a
high priority to change.