[joomla] Joomla 2.5.4: "Edit state is not permitted" - Footer module is locked

David Roth davidalanroth at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 15:46:26 EDT 2012

Usually when I have run across a locked status in Joomla, I can click
on it, and it solves the problem.

I'm trying to access the 'footer' module. I go to the Extentions
Manager - > Manage and it finds 'footer' but it has a status with a
lock icon on it. I have tried to disable and enable it, but it
displays the message "Edit state is not permitted".

Never had this happen before so I'm not sure what to do to fix it
gracefully. I went to Options and selected Allow for Edit State, saved
it, but this has had no effect.

I'm the only admin on this website at the moment, so I'm willing to
check something in MySQL if needed with PhpAdmin, but not I'm sure
what to change to unlock this or if it will have other unwanted
actions. Thanks!

David Roth