[joomla] image printing service component

Stephen Britton sbritton at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 19:16:12 EDT 2012

I am assuming that you want the customer to pay before they upload the
image file. Yes?

If so, I have never seen a single extension that can do this, but you could
do it with two extensions.

There are numerous extensions that allow users to upload files (Phoca
Download is one that comes to mind.).

Once you installed the file upload component, you would need a
subscription/membership extension that would give the customers access to
the file upload extension once they have paid and registered.

You would create different access levels based on image sizes - like small,
medium and large. The problem with this method is it would be difficult if
someone wanted to order more than one photo and in different sizes.

I also think you could use the Content Builder component from Crosstec
because it does have file upload and PayPal payment features, but
documentation is limited and unless you have a lot of time and experience
with extensions, I would not recommend this route.

You probably have to develop it yourself or find someone to make it for
you, but this type of extension  can be done.

Good luck.

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Kirill Poliakov <
kirill at hostnetservices.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am looking for a component that will allow me to sell  image printing
> service.   Client chooses image format and then uploads a photo.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Kirill

Stephen Britton
Technology Consultant
sbritton at gmail.com
Twitter: @StephenBritton
ph: 914-661-0040

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -
George Bernard Shaw