[joomla] mailto not working in Joomla 2.5

Stephen Britton sbritton at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 21:12:31 EDT 2012

I am curious. Have you experimented with other browsers? I have found that
the Chrome browser can do funny things with links. If you are using Chrome,
try it in Internet Explorer or Firefox.

Also, what happens when you do a "view source" with a browser. Do you see
the same code in the view source as you do in the article?

As we all know, Joomla is not always cooperative when you try to place your
own HTML and JavaScript in an article.

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Ellen Rothwax <ellen.rothwax at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have been working on several 2.5 websites and it has just occurred to me
> that my email links do not work. These are email links in module and
> articles.My code is:

> It looks like a link but when I click on it, it doesn't do anything. This
> happens in different sites I am working on, so I don't think it is template
> related since I am using different templates for each.
> The email settings in the global config are the default settings.
> Any ideas why or how to fix this?
> Ellen
>
> --
>
> <http://www.ebrwebsitedesigns.com>
> Ellen Rothwax
> Web Design and Development
> *Don’t say you can’t afford a website. . .you can’t afford not to have
> one.
> *www.ebrwebsitedesigns.com*
> *(P) 203 572-5756*
> *

Stephen Britton
Technology Consultant
sbritton at gmail.com
Twitter: @StephenBritton
ph: 914-661-0040

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -
George Bernard Shaw