[joomla] Problems with installation manager?

Janet Sullivan jmsullivan50 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 19 06:42:14 EDT 2012

I am getting this error when trying to install akeeba 3.6.1 core using the extension manager - install

	* JFolder::create: Could not create directory
	* Warning: Failed to move file!
	*

I would have thought that I would find the answer in the akeeba docs, but according to the akeeba
website,  https://www.akeebabackup.com/documentation/troubleshooter/abinstallation.html

"If you still can't install Akeeba Backup and you are receiving messages regarding unwritable directories, inability to move files or other similar file system related error messages, please do not ask us for support. These errors stem from your site set up and can best be resolved by asking for help in the official Joomla!™ forums. We can only support software we develop ourselves. Joomla!'s extension installer is certainly not developed by us, therefore we can't help you."
 I am running joomla 2.5.4 and I had originally set the site up on a web host using a temporary url.
Akeeba  3.5.1 was installed, and running fine.   Then it was time to move the site into production, so using cpanel
database and root backups, I moved the site,  set up a new database user, connected it to the new database
and changed the url to the production name.

Site works perfectly, but akeeba would not run.  tried re-installing, no good.
so I uninstalled akeeba, making sure that all the references in the data base to com-akeeba were removed
as well, as stated on the akeeba trouble-shooting page.

After the un-install, I tried a fresh install and got the above error messages.....any ideas on how to fix?  The site in in production,
without any automated backup .....not good.

Akeeba trouble shooting suggests the problem is in my site set-up...as a joomla novice, I pretty much use the defaults, except for things like seo URLs...

 Help greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Janet