[joomla] installation problem.

Sasa Rakic - Gmail rakics at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 14:15:11 EST 2012

Hi Todd,

Source code of fresh Joomla installation has this code for install:

                                global $mainframe;

                                $this->setState('action', 'install');

                                switch(JRequest::getWord('installtype'))

                                {

                                                case 'folder':

                                                                $package = $this->_getPackageFromFolder();

                                                                break;

                                                case 'upload':

                                                                $package = $this->_getPackageFromUpload();

                                                                break;

                                                case 'url':

                                                                $package = $this->_getPackageFromUrl();

                                                                break;

                                                default:

                                                                $this->setState('message', 'No Install Type Found');

                                                                return false;

                                                                break;

                                }

                                // Was the package unpacked?

                                if (!$package) {

                                                $this->setState('message', 'Unable to find install package');

                                                return false;

                                }

It is possible that your archive file was too big, so PHP upload limit has reached and uploaded

File does not exists after upload, it is also possible that your archive is damaged, you should

Test is archive damaged by opening it and testing from WinRar, third option is that on your

Hosting PHP does not have allowed zip extension:

PHP.INI file:

[PHP_ZIP]

extension=php_zip.dll

You should upload by ftp to site root attached file and call it from the browser, and  should be able to check:

Registered PHP Streams

php, file, data, http, ftp, compress.zlib, https, ftps, zip

zip

Zip

enabled

Extension Version

$Id: php_zip.c 293036 2010-01-03 09:23:27Z sebastian $

Zip version

1.8.11

Libzip version

0.9.0

If none of this gets working, you should contact me privately I will find and resolve solution.

Best regards,

Sasa