[joomla] The wait is over.. Joomla 2.5 released today!

Stephen Britton sbritton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 16:12:00 EST 2012

Hi Gang,

Joomla1 2.5 has been released. Joomla 1.7 is no more.

Tons of new features. Andy Tarr wrote up a great list in December.
http://community.joomla.org/blogs/community/1533-new-features-in-joomla-25.html

Updating from 1.7 to 2.5 is one-click through the Extension Manager panel.
(NOTE: I just tried to update to Joomla 2.5 from 1.7 on a local site
running on my desktop and it made the icons in the admin panel run
vertical. I was also not able to uninstall any plug-ins, templates and
modules through Extension Manager. Not sure if this was caused by my local
environment, but use care if you update and remember to BACK-UP YOUR SITE
before you click the update button.)

And I did not see any instructions on how to upgrade to Joomla 2.5 from
1.5, but I understand that a script is in the works. Besides, Joomla 1.5
will be supported until the end of April. So you have plenty of time to
wait.

All best,

Steve

--
Stephen Britton
Technology Consultant
sbritton at gmail.com
Twitter: @StephenBritton
ph: 914-661-0040

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -
George Bernard Shaw