[joomla] com_contact - Can't locate the "Site Contact" file (Joomla 1.7)

David Roth davidalanroth at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 17:06:46 EST 2012

Hopefully this is something I've overlooked and some kind soul here
will point this out to me.

I'm trying to look at the source code PHP files for "Site Contact"
which is part of com_contact.

The Joomla com_contact component files of interest are located in:
components/com_contact/views/category/view.feed.php
components/com_contact/views/category/tmpl/default_items.php

So I went to the Joomla com_contact to edit
components/com_contact/views/category/tmpl/default_items.php which
appears to have all that's displayed on the web page such as
grid.sort, etc. But even if I remove this file, it has no effect on
"Site Contact" page it still loads!

If I remove components/com_contact/views/category/view.feed.php, that
certainly breaks the page, but nothing in
components/com_contact/views/category/tmpl has an effect on it.

What am I overlooking? Thanks!

David Roth