[joomla] Enabling Jquery in the template?

Janet Sullivan jmsullivan50 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 15 16:16:34 EDT 2012

Todd:  Thanks!

Sounds like a non-trivial undertaking, but I will give it a go.
The template developer confirmed that the template does include

jquery to support accordian menus and a few other things, however,
had no idea how to turn it off.

In the meantime, adding all of the modules to fix problems with other components
wound up exactly as I expected.....One big mess, with nothing working right anymore!

The good news is that when things get this screwed up, you wind up learning a ton of stuff!
Still would love a subject matter expert to speak on the topic at NYC Joomla day, even if
it were a cookbook approach, similar to the advice you have given me.

  There  is no shortage of conflicting information on the web about jquery, mootools and joomla.
Janet