[joomla] OK, I give up. Where is the "magic" for links?

David Roth davidalanroth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 20:11:28 EDT 2012

I was working on another K2 module months ago (which I've since found a
commercial extension to use) and the links were not working, which in that
situation now that you mention it might have been a K2 route helper issue.
I will have to go back and look.

But I kept in mind while doing this simple K2 module to display the five
most recent, I decided to have it print out the links for debugging
purposes. When I saw they weren't full URLs that would work, it concerned
me and thought it was related to K2 itself. After I displayed them
surrounded by <a href> to make a link out of them, the base url "magically"
was inserted when the user covers over it on the web page, and the link
does work. I had not paid attention to links in Joomla before, so I thought
this might be the way K2 works. Now it appears this is just the way Joomla
works to construct URLs using a call to JURI, which after a 'grep' appears
in many files.

David Roth