[joomla] OK, I give up. Where is the "magic" for links?

David Roth davidalanroth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 20:30:02 EDT 2012

I understand what you are saying. That makes a lot of sense.

At the root directory of one Joomla 2.5 installations I did this:

grep -l JURI `find .` | wc -l

And it counted 184 files which JURI is used. So it is being much more than
I would suspect. There might be other situations it is needed which I've
not come across yet. Here is a code snipped from K2 where it is used in a
/components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php:
                // Absolute URL
                $uri = &JURI::getInstance();
                $item->absoluteURL = $uri->toString();

David Roth