[joomla] Best way to Password Protect a Page in Joomla 2.5.6

David Roth davidalanroth at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 00:36:01 EDT 2012

My vote would be for .htaccess too. I use it to protect /administrator. I'm
wondering though, with turning on SEO, can that still be used if there is
no real directory to put the .htaccess in? For example, you create a Joomla
Article with an alias of foobaz. So that the URL of domain.com/foobaz finds
the Article. But since there is no actual directory called foobaz, mot sure
if .htaccess would be helpful in this regard. Or am I overlooking something?

Maybe something with ACL could be done for a specific page or two? So that
only registered users can access it? But doing that might be too high of a
bar for some users for Kenny's purposes?

David Roth