[joomla] Captcha - recaptcha image not showing

Stephen Britton sbritton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 13:09:44 EDT 2012

I try to avoid "work-arounds" and "fixes".

I just completed a J1.5 to J2.5 upgrade project (500+ pages) and the
previous developer used too many work-arounds and core hacks. We wound up
practically rebuilding the site from scratch.

If you have issues with captcha, you might consider using RS Forms Pro or
Breezy Forms rather than the built-in captcha feature before you start
messing around with PHP code (and if you do, be sure to do it with HTML
overrides.).

Stephen Britton
Technology Consultant
sbritton at gmail.com