[joomla] Multiple menus?

Helvécio da Silva helvecio.rj at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 17:11:16 EDT 2012

Hi Janet!

First of all: which Joomla version are you using?

There's no problem using more than one menu in the same position. As well
as there's no problem assigning these menu modules to certain pages.

Using module sufixes you can style them differently, which can be a plus
when it comes to designing an user interface.

Look at this example: you have a site with four menu itens: home, products,
services, contact.

Products has two sub-menu itens: Product A, Product B.

Services has three sub-menu itens: Service 1, Service 2, Service 3.

You decide to create separate menus for products and services containing
these sub-itens: menu-products and menu-services. From the menus you create
the modules with a similar name mod-menu-products and mod-menu-services.

Now you assign these modules only to the menu itens related. That means,
mod-menu-products will only be visible when your visitor enter the products
area of your site and visits either page of Product A or Product B. Same
for mod-menu-services.

If you have further questions, just ask.

2012/5/31 Janet Sullivan <jmsullivan50 at yahoo.com>

> Hmmm.....not sure I understand what you are telling me....can you
> elaborate, or use an example?
> I can send you the link to the site that I am building if that would
> help....
>
> I tried using different module positions for the various menus, but had
> difficulty  getting all the menus to show
> in the the right  place on the page...that's when I opted to put the menu
> all in the same module position.  The menus
> all have different font, icons, etc. but I thought I could do that with
> the menu suffix class.....
>
> Thanks for taking the time to advise...
>
> Janet Sullivan

Helvecio "Elvis" da Silva