[joomla] How hard can it be to make an override?

Stephen Britton sbritton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 17:35:25 EDT 2012

Yes Chris and Matt. That is what I done too.

I got tried of spending time trying to work with  commercial templates and
two years ago created my own "minimal" Joomla template that borrows from
the 960 grid system CSS framework and some code from Matt's Construct
Framework.

There is no javascript, Mootools, and jQuery, just a basic stripped down
layout with about a dozen module positions and a Suckerfish CSS horizontal
menu. Then depending on the project, I can add Mootools or jQuery menus if
requested.

I am currently updating my framework template with the Twitter Bootstrap
framework, which has jQuery features, but they are very basic.

Matt, do you know if the templates shipping with Joomla 3.0 with be based
on Bootstrap?

- - - Steve

sbritton at gmail.com
Twitter: @StephenBritton