[joomla] Send registration email but without the password

Robert Rynkiewicz brynk at JoomlaConnections.com
Fri Jun 22 07:04:26 EDT 2012

Dear NYPHP SIG:

I have a client with Joomla CMS 1.5.X and Virtuemart. I want to stop Joomla
CMS from sending the new user registration email with the password embedded
in the email message. It is fine with me to send the email but just not
with the password. This is not a Joomla CMS parameter setting but a Joomla
CMS code hack. I hate to have to hack the code due to the obvious updating
problems but it must be done. Perhaps it is easier to just stop the sending
of the registration email?

Also, does anyone know if Joomla 2.5.x would require the same kind of hack?

Thank You
Bob Rynkiewicz

Robert
Rynkiewicz