[joomla] Is this a job for rewrite (.htaccess) or SEF in Joomla?

David Roth davidalanroth at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 13:37:02 EST 2012

A Joomla installation was hosted in a directory called /site. When visitors
went to domain.com it redirected them to domain.com/site.
This website is being moved to a new server and I it to operate out of it's
own domain.com without the sub-directory /site. This sounds easy enough to
accomplish but there are print published links which have
domain.com/sitethat still need to be supported.

Is there an elegant way to tell Joomla to also accept domain.com/site so it
finds these few hidden links? Should I set-up a redirect for anything to
domain.com/site goes to domain.com? Thanks!

David Roth