[joomla] Admin template for non-technical users?

David Roth davidalanroth at gmail.com
Wed May 23 04:27:50 EDT 2012

I've never bothered with any other template for Admin than what is supplied
with Joomla. But I want to be able to have a non-technical user be able to
edit the content for a category of Articles assigned to them, but don't
want anything else visible to them so they don't become confused or start
to mess around with things which could screw up the pages. Before anyone
tells me that the user should go through training and learn how to manage
things so this doesn't happen, while I would agree, that isn't the case
this time.

Does such an admin template already exist? Or can Joomla 2.5.4 be made
restrictive enough so when this non-technical user logins in they only see
what they need to? Thanks!

David Roth