NYCPHP Meetup

[joomla] can't see admin menu item

Paul Elliott peforever at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 21 14:45:34 EST 2012


Yea, i think it is a template issue.
I am doing that right now.
No fun at all.

On Nov 21, 2012, at 2:41 PM, Stephen Britton wrote:

> My bad. I thought you were talking about regular menus. Sorry. 
> 
> Where is this site located? Is it local, like on your Mac or PC or is it on a web server? 
> 
> I have been using Joomla for a long time and this is the first time that I have heard of someone having an issue with an admin menu. 
> 
> You might be better off starting over rather than trying to fix it.
> 
> 
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Paul Elliott <peforever at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Stephen,
> Where exactly do i go to delete the "admin" menu?
> Paul
> 
> On Nov 21, 2012, at 2:30 PM, Stephen Britton wrote:
> 
>> It's easy.
>> 
>> Delete the old menu and then make sure you delete the deleted menu from trash.
>> 
>> Then build a new menu.
>> 
>> 
>> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Paul Elliott <peforever at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> How do you rebuild the admin menu?
>> 
>> On Nov 21, 2012, at 11:46 AM, Arsen Djuric wrote:
>> 
>> > Did you try rebuild menu when you go to menu manager ,
>> > I was having same issue with sobioPRO and
>> > with diqus
>> >
>> > and then rebuild fixed everything
>> > but first you have to check in averithing clean cache and to purge expired cache
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> >
>> >> Send Joomla mailing list submissions to
>> >>      joomla at lists.nyphp.org
>> >>
>> >> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>> >>      http://lists.nyphp.org/mailman/listinfo/joomla
>> >> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>> >>      joomla-request at lists.nyphp.org
>> >>
>> >> You can reach the person managing the list at
>> >>      joomla-owner at lists.nyphp.org
>> >>
>> >> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>> >> than "Re: Contents of Joomla digest..."
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> Today's Topics:
>> >>
>> >>    1. can't see admin menu item (Paul Elliott)
>> >>    2. Re: can't see admin menu item (Donna Vincent)
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >>
>> >> Message: 1
>> >> Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 23:09:54 -0500
>> >> From: Paul Elliott <peforever at hotmail.com>
>> >> To: "NYPHP SIG: Joomla" <joomla at lists.nyphp.org>
>> >> Subject: [joomla] can't see admin menu item
>> >> Message-ID: <BLU0-SMTP204AD0C66EA67125BAC11ADA5540 at phx.gbl>
>> >> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>> >>
>> >> I am trying to reinstall Akeeba Backup and get this:
>> >>
>> >> JTableMenu: :_getNode Failed -
>> >> Error building Admin Menus
>> >>
>> >> The component is installed but the admin menu item is not.
>> >> How can i fix this?
>> >> Thanks,
>> >> Paul Elliott
>> >> -------------- next part --------------
>> >> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>> >> URL: <http://lists.nyphp.org/pipermail/joomla/attachments/20121120/5e84c2f3/attachment-0001.html>
>> >>
>> >> ------------------------------
>> >>
>> >> Message: 2
>> >> Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 08:53:15 -0500
>> >> From: Donna Vincent <donnamarievincent at yahoo.com>
>> >> To: "NYPHP SIG: Joomla" <joomla at lists.nyphp.org>
>> >> Subject: Re: [joomla] can't see admin menu item
>> >> Message-ID: <2DC87F8C-7A28-4482-85A0-5D98C92425C6 at yahoo.com>
>> >> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>> >>
>> >> I would check with the Akeebabackup people on this.
>> >>
>> >> Sent from my iPad
>> >>
>> >> On Nov 20, 2012, at 11:09 PM, Paul Elliott <peforever at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >>
>> >>> I am trying to reinstall Akeeba Backup and get this:
>> >>>
>> >>> JTableMenu: :_getNode Failed -
>> >>> Error building Admin Menus
>> >>>
>> >>> The component is installed but the admin menu item is not.
>> >>> How can i fix this?
>> >>> Thanks,
>> >>> Paul Elliott
>> >>> _______________________________________________
>> >>> New York PHP SIG: Joomla! Mailing List
>> >>> http://lists.nyphp.org/mailman/listinfo/joomla
>> >>>
>> >>> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
>> >>> http://www.nyphpcon.com
>> >>>
>> >>> Show Your Participation in New York PHP
>> >>> http://www.nyphp.org/show_participation.php
>> >> -------------- next part --------------
>> >> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>> >> URL: <http://lists.nyphp.org/pipermail/joomla/attachments/20121121/c4369791/attachment.html>
>> >>
>> >> ------------------------------
>> >>
>> >> _______________________________________________
>> >> Joomla mailing list
>> >> Joomla at lists.nyphp.org
>> >> http://lists.nyphp.org/mailman/listinfo/joomla
>> >>
>> >> End of Joomla Digest, Vol 71, Issue 35
>> >> **************************************
>> >>
>> >
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > New York PHP SIG: Joomla! Mailing List
>> > http://lists.nyphp.org/mailman/listinfo/joomla
>> >
>> > NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
>> > http://www.nyphpcon.com
>> >
>> > Show Your Participation in New York PHP
>> > http://www.nyphp.org/show_participation.php
>> >
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> New York PHP SIG: Joomla! Mailing List
>> http://lists.nyphp.org/mailman/listinfo/joomla
>> 
>> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
>> http://www.nyphpcon.com
>> 
>> Show Your Participation in New York PHP
>> http://www.nyphp.org/show_participation.php
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> -- 
>> Stephen Britton
>> Technology Consultant
>> sbritton at gmail.com
>> Twitter: @StephenBritton
>> ph: 914-661-0040
>> 
>> "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." - George Bernard Shaw
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> New York PHP SIG: Joomla! Mailing List
>> http://lists.nyphp.org/mailman/listinfo/joomla
>> 
>> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
>> http://www.nyphpcon.com
>> 
>> Show Your Participation in New York PHP
>> http://www.nyphp.org/show_participation.php
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> New York PHP SIG: Joomla! Mailing List
> http://lists.nyphp.org/mailman/listinfo/joomla
> 
> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
> http://www.nyphpcon.com
> 
> Show Your Participation in New York PHP
> http://www.nyphp.org/show_participation.php
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Stephen Britton
> Technology Consultant
> sbritton at gmail.com
> Twitter: @StephenBritton
> ph: 914-661-0040
> 
> "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." - George Bernard Shaw
> 
> _______________________________________________
> New York PHP SIG: Joomla! Mailing List
> http://lists.nyphp.org/mailman/listinfo/joomla
> 
> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
> http://www.nyphpcon.com
> 
> Show Your Participation in New York PHP
> http://www.nyphp.org/show_participation.php

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.nyphp.org/pipermail/joomla/attachments/20121121/d719b442/attachment.html>


More information about the Joomla mailing list