[joomla] question about redirect - remediating hacked Joomla website

Scott Wolpow scott at wolpow.com
Tue Sep 4 19:36:27 EDT 2012

Shared Platforms are always at risk because of security.
In order to allow the user to upload via a webpage, the site has to be
part of the Apache group.
Read this

http://blog.stuartherbert.com/php/2007/11/21/the-challenge-with-securing-shared-hosting/
To really overcome this requires one of these:
1) Customizing Apache
2) Having very high server overhead
3) Kernel modification

Scott Wolpow