[joomla] Learning PHP and Joomla

Geoffrey Schaller gjschaller at psi-13.com
Fri Sep 14 13:34:34 EDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Gary A. Mort <joomla+2012 at gary.mort.net>wrote:

>  Hi Guys,
>
> Something I noticed at last nights meeting was a lot of comments about
> individuals who want to learn a bit of PHP, especially as it relates to
> Joomla.

As one of the people who wants to learn, I like this idea!

On a more simple / practical level -  if one is a complete beginner and
wants to learn PHP, what's a good resource to get your feet wet?  I have a
copy of "PHP and MySQL Development, 4th Edition" by Luke Wellington & Laura
Thomson, but the size of the volume has me a bit intimidated, to be honest.
 Should I just crack it open and begin reading, or are there better
resources for learning PHP from the beginning?

-Geoffrey