[joomla] Including an external HTML file in an Article

Geoffrey Schaller gjschaller at psi-13.com
Tue Sep 25 12:48:54 EDT 2012

I have an HTML file that is regularly updated from an external source (A
Word document that is saved out to HTML whenever the author updates it) -
for practical reasons, it's easier to keep the file in Word rather than as
a Joomla Content Article.

I'd like to include / "insert" the HTML file into a Joomla Article, so that
the file appears as an article within Joomla - also, as the HTML file is
updated, the Joomla Article automatically includes the latest version by
pulling directly from the HTML file on the server.

I tried Sourcerer and the php function "require($DOCUMENT_ROOT . "path to
file/include-file.html");", but this doesn't seem to be working - it comes
up blank.  I'm not sure if HTML Server Side Includes will work within
Joomla - does anyone have any ideas on how to pull / nest an external HTML
file into a Joomla article?

Thank you!

--
Geoffrey Schaller