[joomla] Donna Marie Vincent's new video course on Packt

Marian Konop mkonop at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 17:33:14 EDT 2013

As a course reviewer, I can say Donna is incredibly thorough. She gives
step by step instructions to develop a complete component and she uses a
real world example. Extension development is complicated and Donna walks
you through it in a very logical fashion. I haven't seen information this
complete anywhere else.

I would recommend it highly if you are interested in developing your own
Joomla extensions, and I think if you put in the time to understand these
videos you will come out with a good "cookbook" (pun intended) for
understanding the structure of Joomla components even if you don't want to
develop one yourself.

As Donna points out, a working knowledge of PHP, MySQL and the Joomla! 3
Admin is helpful.

--
*Marian Konop*
Gotham Websites