[joomla] Joomla "Failed Deleting" Messages after Upgrade to 2.5.8

Kenny Berwager kenny at whyknott.com
Fri Jan 18 14:46:44 EST 2013

Hello Everyone,

I just upgraded from Joomla 1.7 to 2.5.8 (on a windows server environment) and did it through the Joomla Extensions Manager like documented. Purged cache, found the upgrade and then performed the update.
As soon as the update was finished I received this boat-load of "Failed Deleting" and "Error on deleting file or folder" messages from right within the extension manager area. The Upgrade was successful however with no problems.
I don't see or have experience any errors so far? I'm thinking maybe the Upgrade package didn't have the proper permissions to remove those files and folders automatically??? So I'm going to speak with my Host and get their opinion.

Attached are screen shots of the error