[joomla] Div versus Tables

Unitel unitelny at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 18:14:40 EST 2013

Hello everyone;

So far I have been using div's to divide the page (article), I go to "Toggle
Source Code" and create my div's and style them and so far so good. Now I
would like to divide my page/article into what could best be described as a
"newspaper" page style. With div's that could be a bit of a nightmare for
me. Would tables be the best choice? And if so, would the html/css goddess
reprimand me?

I am using JCE extended version, formatting tables with it is not the
easiest or prettiest thing around. Is there a table creating extension that
you could recommend?

Also is there an extension for dividing the page newspaper style (not k2
please). It would be ideal if I could divide and style my "featured
Articles" page, but that maybe too much to ask. Yes I did look at the JED,
besides k2 I didn't find much. K2 is to complex and specific. I just want to
div and style my page.

No, at this stage I don't want to fiddle with the Joomla code. Are there any
extensions out there that would accomplish the task?

Best regards,

Marcos Miranda

---