[joomla] Control a users access in Joomla 3

Helvécio da Silva helvecio.rj at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 17:53:14 EDT 2013

You can also make him a Publisher, so editing is done through the frontend.

Of course, he should receive the administrator username and password, just
in case.

And tell him/her the difference in plain and simple words: "use this
frontend access username and you'll never put your site offline!" That
usually does the trick!!

2013/3/15 OSTraining <info at ostraining.com>

> Hi Kenny
>
> Have you tried setting them to "Manager"?
>
> Steve
>

> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Kenny Berwager <kenny at whyknott.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a client who is using Joomla 3 as their administrator. I was
>> wondering to make it easier for this non-technical client if their is a way
>> to ONLY show Content and Menus and hide everything else from them to avoid
>> confusion while they are logged into the CMS???
>> I see their are user access level controls but not a way to hide Joomla
>> admin menu items while logged in.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kenny

>> NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online