[joomla] NYC Joomla User Group News

Stewart Newfeld snewfeld at zebrasystems.com
Sun Sep 22 19:25:19 EDT 2013

I have lots of news about Joomla in New York City.  Checkout our website
joomlanyc.org for details and updates.

Firstly we are having another one of our always popular JoomlaCamps

NYCJUG JoomlaCamp

Sunday October 27, 2013  9:00AM -4:30PM

Click here to register now!
<http://joomlanyc.org/index.php/events/joomlacamp-2013>

Location: Hive at 55  .  55 Broad Street, 13F  .  New York, NY 10004
Registration Fee: $45 - includes the event, bagels and coffee breakfast, and
catered lunch.

** SPONSOR THIS EVENT FOR ONLY $75! **

Includes: 1 ticket (all above), PLUS YOUR LOGO w/link to your website ON OUR
WEBSITE for 6 MONTHS!!!

Join us for a filled day of workshops discussing the topics that you want
discussed!

Joomla Camp and is focused on Beginner and Intermediate Joomla Users but
stay tuned because Donna we are working on adding some real Joomla
Programming to the offerings.

Then we have great news from New Jersey:

NEW! New Jersey Users Group
Two former board members of the New York City Joomla Users Group, Laura
Gordon and Marion Konop, have just started the New Jersey Joomla Users
Group.  You are invited to their first meeting on Tuesday October 29th at
7pm
Union Township Chamber of Commerce
355 Chestnut Street, 2nd FloorUnion, NJ 07083

For more information: http://joomlausersnj.com/
<http://joomlanyc.org/%20http:/joomlausersnj.com/>   and
http://www.meetup.com/Joomla-Users-Group-of-New-Jersey/

And finally, we have switch from Wednesdays to Thursdays for our upcoming
NYC User Group Meetings

Upcoming NY Joomla User Group Meetings

For the Fall Semester Touro College is once again kindly providing the NYC
Joomla Users Group with facilities for our once-monthly meetings.  But this
semester we'll be meeting on Thursday nights and not Wednesdays as
previously.

Our next regular meeting will be
Thursday October 17, 2013

The next two meetings after that will be:
Thursday October 21, 2013
Thursday November 19, 2013

Location:
Touro College ( ... more about Touro College
<http://joomlanyc.org/index.php/events/touro-college-our-meetings-host> )
Graduate School of Business
65 Broadway, Room 224 (map  <http://www.touro.edu/gsb/contact.html> )
between Rector & Exchange Place
New York, NY 10006

Chairperson: Stewart Newfeld
6:00 - 6:15 - Introductions and Miscellaneous Business
6:15 - 8:00 - PRESENTATION #1:  Normally, only Superusers can login into a
Joomla site that is taken offline.  Stewart Newfeld will show how easy it is
to assign "offline access permission" to selected non-superusers and
customize the Site Offline Logo.  This lets you stage a site and keep it
away from the public until you are ready to launch it, or to create a site
to function as an intranet site.  In addition, Stewart will explain how to
make different menu items available to different groups of users.  An
example would be to create items only accessible to an organization's Board
Members, or to stage additions to a webiste that only a few people can see
while it is undergoing development and before the material is approved to go
public. The techniques demonstrate apply equally to Joomla 2.5 and 3.x

PRESENTATION#2: Creating interactive forms fill-in forms like an IRS 1040
Tax Form, that can be downloaded from your website, is an often requested
website feature.  We'll have a quick demonstration of how suprisingly easy
this is to accomplish with Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat.

8:00-8:30 Lightening Round Question and Answers, Networking.

Stewart Newfeld, President

New York City Joomla Users Group (NYCJUG)
Meetings 6-8:30 PM every 3rd Thursday of the Month
Check our website: www.joomlanyc.org