[joomla] Joomla Database - Published vs Unpublished vs Expired

Geoffrey Schaller gjschaller at psi-13.com
Thu Sep 26 14:24:00 EDT 2013

I've seen a similar thing when the time zone was wrong on my server - if an
article was set to publish in the future, it would be published, but
"pending," and a list of published articles would still show it.

It's likely your SQL pull should also filter on the date, so that results
with a Finished Publishing Date in the past are filtered out.

-Geoffrey

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Todd S <toddsugi at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I'm creating articles in Joomla 2.5.4  and the setting the "Finished
> Publishing" date.  Once that date has past, In the admin section the
> article has a red x and says "publishing expired".
>
> I'm doing some manual pulls from the sql db, with the conditional "state
> =1" to show all published articles and to Hide the expired articles.  i
> thought the state=1 is published, state =0 is the unpublished, state = -2
> is trashed.
>
> However when the article is expired (past the finished publishing date),
> the state still shows as 1 in the database, so my custom module is still
> showing the expired article, but the link to the actual article is not
> valid.
>
> Any ideas how I can identify from the database when an article is expired?
>  I'm wondering why the state still shows as "1" for expired articles.
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> Todd

Geoffrey Schaller
gjschaller at psi-13.com