[joomla] Joomla Digest, Vol 86, Issue 2

Mark Simko masimko at verizon.net
Wed Feb 19 14:35:24 EST 2014

On 02/18/14, joomla-request at lists.nyphp.org wrote:

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 05:57:54 -0800 (PST)
From: Janet Sullivan <jmsullivan50 at yahoo.com>
To: NYPHP Joomla <joomla at lists.nyphp.org>
Subject: [joomla] Adding javascript?

What's the best way to add javascript to a joomla site?
(I need the javascript code to use a mailchimp API.)

I tried editing the template to include the code in the <head> tag
but mailchimp doesn't recognize it.
I edited the JCE editor to allow me to put javascript in an article, which works
except sometimes when I edit the page the contains the javascript, joomla
removes the javascript.....Suggestions?
Thanks!

?
Janet

There are several plugins in the Joomla! Extension Directory that are great for including javascript scripts in your web site.

I've used this one before with success
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/coding-a-scripts-integration/custom-code-in-content/14774?qh=YTo0OntpOjA7czo2OiJzY3JpcHQiO2k6MTtzOjc6InNjcmlwdHMiO2k6MjtzOjk6InNjcmlwdGluZyI7aTozO3M6ODoiJ3NjcmlwdCciO30%3D

Or look here for others

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/coding-a-scripts-integration/code-snippets

or you can simplify it with Google Tag Manager

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/coding-a-scripts-integration/code-snippets/22448?qh=YTo5OntpOjA7czo2OiJnb29nbGUiO2k6MTtzOjg6Imdvb2dsZSdzIjtpOjI7czo3OiJnb29nbGVzIjtpOjM7czozOiJ0YWciO2k6NDtzOjQ6InRhZ3MiO2k6NTtzOjY6InRhZ2dlZCI7aTo2O3M6NzoidGFnZ2luZyI7aTo3O3M6NToidGFnJ3MiO2k6ODtzOjEwOiJnb29nbGUgdGFnIjt9

Cheers,
Mark Simko