[joomla] Four Local NYC Joomla Events

Stewart Newfeld snewfeld at zebrasystems.com
Fri Feb 21 12:39:28 EST 2014

I plead guilty as charged - I spent no time nicely formatting this... but
the info is good!

#1  February 20, 2014 NYC User Group Meeting Report:
The attendance was low, but this was great meeting. Toby Patterson shined a
light on Software As A Service for use within Joomla and elsewhere. He
explained how the Joomla Framework and base frameworks like Laravel,
Symfony, and Yii are changing the software developer's landscape. We got to
see a demonstration of Composer pulling packages together.

Some people are making plans to go to the upcoming Boston JoomlaDay together
for the March 15-16th weekend.

lots of other topics touched on briefly including how to maintain Joomla's
popularity against much better marketed Wordpress and Drupal

#2 OSTraining Joomla Classes in New York

For complete information visit OSTraining
<https://www.ostraining.com/classroom/class/118-new-york-joomla-explained-tr
aining-03-04-2014/?mc_cid=f77d76ebb2&mc_eid=d020c7cc28>

Date: March 04, 2014 to March 05, 2014, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
You can sign up for one or two days.
Location: Netcom, 20 West 33rd Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY

#3   NEW! New Jersey Users Group
Two former board members of the New York City Joomla Users Group, Laura
Gordon and Marion Konop, recently started the New Jersy Joomla Users Group.

For more information: http://joomlausersnj.com/ <http://joomlausersnj.com/>
and
http://www.meetup.com/Joomla-Users-Group-of-New-Jersey/

Their next meeting is March 24, 2014

#4 Next Meeting of the NYCJUG

Our next regular meeting will be
Thursday March 20, 2014
just a few days after the Boston JoomDay link <http://joomladayboston.com/>

Location:
Touro College ( ... more about Touro College
<http://joomlanyc.org/index.php/events/touro-college-our-meetings-host> )
Graduate School of Business
65 Broadway, Room 224 (map  <http://www.touro.edu/gsb/contact.html> )
between Rector & Exchange Place
New York, NY 10006

Presentation 1: What's New - A report about the March 15-16 Boston JoomlaDay
that will have been held a week before this meeting.  Several Joomlanyc
members are planning on attending.

Other Presentations: To be determined.

8:00-8:30 Lightening Round Question and Answers, Networking.

  _____

Stewart Newfeld, President

New York City Joomla Users Group (NYCJUG)
Meetings 6-8:30PM every 3rd Thursday of the Month
Check our website:  <http://www.joomlanyc.org> www.joomlanyc.org

NYCJUG_Logo_Signature_Thursdays