[joomla] Main Menu and sidebar menu (Marcos Miranda)

Mark Simko masimko at verizon.net
Sat Jan 11 18:12:45 EST 2014

On 01/10/14, joomla-request at lists.nyphp.org wrote:

Hola, Helvecio,
I have one main orizontal menu. On that menu I have NEC with sub-menu items
and Ipitomy with its own sub-menu items.

--WISH LIST--
When user clicks on NEC/SL1100 or any other NEC items, I would like to have
a vertical menu on the left side bar with only the items for NEC. Same for
Ipitomy.

IMPORTANT!!!
I would like to use ONLY the horizontal menu and its subt-items because if
I set up a second menu then I end up with different/duplicate links (urls)
, which is exactly what I currently have.

Seems as if you are trying to implement a split menu.

This is for an earlier version of Joomla
but it is how I learned how to implement the split menu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URb6KgaMclA

Mark