[joomla] Google SERP's

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Mon May 12 14:29:32 EDT 2014

On 05/12/2014 10:04 AM, Unitel wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> My site was appearing in the Google serp, first page bottom. Our
> google+ was also appearing -- now "for the last few months" our
> google+ has disappeared. My site rank is 0/10 -- it was 2/10. And when
> I do a key word search my site does not show on page 1, ,2, 3, 4,
> 5......does not show at all.
>
> Anyone have hint of what's going on. I did have duplicate url but I
> fixed them (Thankx Laura Gordon) by using "Menu Item Alias".
>
> Is anyone familiar with issue?

No, but what you are describing seems to be the Google+Your World feature:
http://searchengineland.com/examples-google-search-plus-drive-facebook-twitter-crazy-107554

IE what is displayed on the right is matches for the search you made
from YOUR google plus network.  It would only show up for other people
if they had the Unitel google plus page in their circles.

 From the link you sent, you haven't logged on to Google before
performing the search[when you have you will see icons to enable/disable
"your world"]

Also note that you MAY want to add authorship links to your content
pointing to the unitel profile page[and the converse link on the unitel
profile to point to the website]
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/1306778?hl=en&ref_topic=6003069

Honestly, I have no idea if this provides ANY SEO benefit, so I wouldn't
spend a lot of time on it.