<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
<body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">
>From the Apache documentation
(<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#keepalive">http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#keepalive</a>):<br>
<p>The Keep-Alive extension to HTTP/1.0 and the persistent connection
feature of HTTP/1.1 provide long-lived HTTP sessions which allow
multiple requests to be sent over the same TCP connection. In some
cases this has been shown to result in an almost 50% speedup in latency
times for HTML documents with many images. To enable Keep-Alive
connections, set <code>KeepAlive On</code>.</p>
<p>For HTTP/1.0 clients, Keep-Alive connections will only be used if
they are specifically requested by a client. In addition, a Keep-Alive
connection with an HTTP/1.0 client can only be used when the length of
the content is known in advance. This implies that dynamic content such
as CGI output, SSI pages, and server-generated directory listings will
generally not use Keep-Alive connections to HTTP/1.0 clients. For
HTTP/1.1 clients, persistent connections are the default unless
otherwise specified. If the client requests it, chunked encoding will
be used in order to send content of unknown length over persistent
<pre wrap="">D. Salemink wrote:</pre>
<pre wrap="">Maybe this is a solution for the slow mambo loading, i spent a few
days trying to solve this problem.
First of all i turned of all the mambo admin modules and turned
caching on, like it tells me in the forums.
This brought back the loading time from about 4 minutes to 1. After
this i tried a lot of stuff, optimizing mysql server configuration,
cleaning all unused files etc with no noticable difference in speed.
In the end what solved my problem was to turn KeepAlive in httpd.conf
to on, now the sites and the administration load in seconds.
I havent yet tried turning the admin modules backon to see if
keepalive is the main culprit.
Hope it helps a few other people using mambo 4.5.2