need your help populating a database

Ted Shieh liquidm3 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 8 05:26:10 EDT 2002

Hi, I just wrote a PHP program that produces music/movie/book
recommendations.  It is supposed to produce recommendations in this form:

(starting from the fact that the user likes New Order - Bizarre Love
Triangle)
90 people who like New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle also like New Order -
Ceremony
80 people who like New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle also like New Order -
Everything's Gone Green
60 people who like New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle also like Joy Division
- Atrocity Exhibition
etc.

Unfortunately, I don't have enough data in the database to produce
meaningful recommendations yet.  If each of you could give me a list of your
ten (or more) favorite songs, movies, or books in this format:
artist/filmmaker/author - title
it would help me tremendously.

If you'd like to see how it looks so far, take a look at
http://www.liquidmarkets.com/?name=youmightlike
(click on an artist, then click on a title to get a list of
recommendations).  The program for entering data is
http://www.liquidmarkets.com/?name=ilike (but if you e-mail me your
favorites, I'll enter them for you).

In return, I can offer a free copy of LiquidClassifiedsXML 0.8.1 to each
person who sends me a list of ten or more of his/her favorite
songs/movies/books.

Thanks,
Ted

LiquidMarkets