NYPHP.org Downtime -- Forward...

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 12 21:20:01 EDT 2002

Hello all,

NYPHP.org (which has been hosted in my apartment via DSL) is being
relocated!

I'm moving the box to a professional co-location facility in downtown
Manhattan.  This is a considerable advancement for NYPHP and will mean
greater features and *much* faster access.

Although I'm very excited, the move, inevitably, means downtime.  While
the NYPHP.org front-page will be available and contain updates on our
move, functionality will be severely limited.  This includes the
unavailability of the mailing list, logging in, and nyphp.org domain
email addresses.

However, in an effort to fill the upcoming communication void, I've
setup a web-based forum.  It is available at http://nyphp.org/forum
(or, depending on the state of DNS: http://dev.nyphp.org/forum).
Accounts from NYPHP.org are NOT being migrated, so you'll need to
create an account for the forum, but I urge everyone to create their
account and use the forum to it’s fullest (one day this will all be
integrated!).  If you should notice any problems, please contact me at
zaunere at yahoo.com to resolve these issues.  If you have prior
experience with phpBB, feel equally welcome to contact me and I’ll try
to accommodate any configuration suggestions and changes.

This email will most likely be the last on this list until Friday, or
even into the weekend.  Progress and updates will be available on the
forum and at http://nyphp.org (or http://dev.nyphp.org depending on the
state of DNS).

I'm looking forward to our new server and what it will offer, and I
thank everyone for their continuing support.

For any reason, I am always available at zaunere at yahoo.com.

Thank you,

Hans Z.
New York PHP