[nycphp-talk] Fw: Install PHP on WinXP Home

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 28 14:17:55 EDT 2002

> > --- Wilmer Wright <wcg at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> > >  Am looking to install PHP 2 on an Intel p4 1.6 ghz pc with
> windows XP home Ed.

PHP 2? As in, 1.. 2?  I don't think this will be possible, especially
on something as modern as WinXP.  Go with PHP 4.2.2 (or 4.3 coming up
soon) and you'll be much happier.  Plus, I don't think PWS is supported
anymore on XP (http://www.smartwin.com.au/help/install_pws.htm).  But I
would really try to setup a modern PHP version with Apache/IIS on
Windows.

Hans

 Found that Win XP home doesn't support PWS.