[nycphp-talk] mysql_pconnect

Oktay Altunergil nyphp at altunergil.com
Thu Aug 29 10:49:36 EDT 2002

Apparently there's a wait_timeout parameter that sets the amount of time the link will stay open. But in general you need not worry about these.. they will stay open for a while and get used if some other connection request is made during that period.

It has nothing to do with a visitor issuing a query and walking away. The connection -even though it's persistent- will not stay active forever.

Oktay