[nycphp-talk] [JOB] PT Junior Developer, Manhattan

The Rain Maker rainman at deroo.net
Fri Dec 6 16:06:48 EST 2002

Jonathan--

> Just out of curiosity, is this really the going rate for PHP talent
> these
> days? Seems just a bit low, especially with no benefits and the like.
>
>>> Approximately 20 hours a week, Pays $15/h, high likelihood of more
>>> time
>>> involvement if things work well. Scheduling can be flexible/floating.

For a Jr position, yea I would say that is a little low to about par.
There is some real talent in the market place today, especially if you
don't need them "in the office". I've seen some of the PHP developers
(those with commit privs) doing work for $40/hr. If they can do the
work of a Jr person in half the time (and probably better quality work)
I'm willing to pay the extra $10 for that kind of talent.

.r

Raymond DeRoo
Senior Partner
(203) 952-3900