[nycphp-talk] [JOB] PT Junior Developer, Manhattan

bruce at mtiglobal.com bruce at mtiglobal.com
Tue Dec 10 08:04:03 EST 2002

Hi,

As for cert tests, I'd probably do terrible.  I can never remember the
specific syntax.  But I can remember "how" to do something, or at least I
can figure out an approach to try.  Then I look at the object model to see
the specific syntax for that event, method, etc.  That is think is more
important - The Logic.  How does everything tie in together.  Where should
things be done -- client side, server side, business-logic-tier, etc.

As for junior developers not knowing everything . . . isn't that why they
are "junior" level?

Experience comes from experience!  Two people in the same situation will
take the experience differently.  One will sit around whining and say "I
never learned that . . . you don't pay me enough." and another one will
spend the time to figure it out, looking through books or API's online, or
posting questions on forums.

My $0.04 worth ($0.02 invested in dotcoms that went to $5.00 then back
down to $0.04!!!)

- Bruce