[nycphp-talk] loop

Raymond DeRoo rderoo at supserv.com
Thu Dec 19 17:49:37 EST 2002

Brain--

> for (;;) {
> [camera instuctions]
> }
>
> Anyone know the principal behind this snippet and why it works?  I have not
> been able to find any information on the subject.

It's a Cism near as I can tell. As you know it's the functional equivalent of
while(1) {}. As for the principle behind it... the entire (;;) evaluates to
an unmet condition. thus the for loop never ends. Personally I prefer (for
readability purpose) the while(1). But most compilers today will optimize
both such that the condition is never met.

.r