[nycphp-talk] PHP in production on Microsoft IIs

Alan T. Miller amiller at hollywood101.com
Mon Dec 23 11:50:17 EST 2002

Thanks Jessica,

I'll be sweatin it either way :)

Alan

----- Original Message -----
From: "jessica kelly" <jkelly at sussex.cc.nj.us>
To: "NYPHP Talk" <talk at nyphp.org>
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2002 8:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nycphp-talk] PHP in production on Microsoft IIs

> IIS is a four letter word as far as I'm concerned. Also everyone needs to
realize that as web/PHP developers we are often stuck with what we have, not
what we would rather have. If IIS didn't have such a sordid security past we
would be running it here and I would have absolutely no say in the matter. I
wanted to put Linux on the server and they put Advanced Server 2000 on it. I
scream, yet no one hears...

> The site is for a very small community college and it gets very few, if
any, concurrent hits on the PHP/MySQL portion of it and I have plenty of
room for multiple users config wise.