PHP Executing Twice

Jeremy Hise jhise at linuxforbusiness.org
Thu Jul 11 15:47:03 EDT 2002

Hi:

I've got a PHP script that seems to be executing twice.

The page basically does the following:

1) Accept FORM vars from posting page
2) Checks to see if a any records already contain the value posted
3) If not, send that value to a stored procedure that inserts it
4) If so, alert the user and bail

However, when I call this page, I get the results from #4. Even though
the value doesn't exist in the database. If I exit after #2 and before #
3, it tells me that #3 should fire. But #4 does...which would indicate
that the code is executing twice...which just seems ridiculous to me.

As a side note, the machine that is running this has a history of odd
behavior including:

1) PHP randomly stops rendering HTML
2) Random/garbage Oracle output

If any of you have any ideas about the weird double execution, please
let me know.

Thanks,

Jeremy