Question: mysql and large results

cesar can at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jul 15 11:06:59 EDT 2002

my currently working on a c++ program that takes a large set of position
data (300,000 floats) and calculates using a statistical criteria selects
a certain set.

my program works fine when i filter out some data before my final
selection (eg: selecting a certain date range in the query), but when i
select the whole table (which i have to do often)
mysql_store_result(mysql); seems not to able to give me everything i want
since the first entry in the first row is null. i can access some data
after that but its a little strange, possibly its not all there. Can
anyone suggest a good way to get all the data?

i'm using the LIMIT word in mysql to break it into parts, i need to make
it fast and to select the whole table right now, takes a few seconds (4
or so, keep in mind its still doesn't give me everything right) so i don't
want to make to many queries, since the result get feed back to a webpage
and user don't want to wait, since they need to run the program often.