[nycphp-talk] War & Peace...abridged version..

Anirudhsinh Zala zala007 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 18 12:23:22 EDT 2002

Hey..pete..

well..if u can create this type of from, then u can store those conversion
rates into database..and while generating calculations..u can retrive those
figures and use..

however without knowing current functionality exactly it's diff to provie
solution..

but as i told above u can use this type of solution...but u can't give..user
to fill in conversion rates in free fromat like he can type

"1 ounce==2 smear" ..this is wrong..bcoz system can't figure out what does
it mean...

instead u have to design your form in smart a way that user will never make
mistake...like first u add all possible measurement units into database..

and when user want to add..some data then he can add conversion rates by
below way

list box of   text filed        list box of
first unit    (which accepts    second units.
               numeric fig.)    (in which first to be convereted)

now by this way user can pick up..first unit then enters figure and then
selects second unit..

now u can store all 3 items into db..and while calculating...or gennerating
reports u can use stored figure and both conversion units for making correct
conversion..

Thanks

Anirudh Zala