[nycphp-talk] Can this be done with PHP or JavaScript? Is it even possible?

Jim Hendricks jim at bizcomputinginc.com
Sat Jul 20 11:53:37 EDT 2002

As far as I know, the only way to get data outside a form to be sent with
the request
would be the use of JS either to build it as part of the querystring, or to
finagle some
form elements.

But, based on what you have below, I don't see that you need all those
forms, why not
just one form.  If it's a matter of determining which submit button the user
chose, then
give each submit button a different value, the selected button's value would
be associated
with the button field item available on the server side which would then let
you know
which of your hidden fields to use.  For example:

<form action="https://domain.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="OptionName" value="Domain">
<input type="text" name="OptionValue" size="25"></p>

<input type="hidden" name="item1" value="PA03">
<input type="hidden" name="amount1" value="74.85">
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit1"></p>

<input type="hidden" name="item2" value="PA06">
<input type="hidden" name="amount2" value="137.70">
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit2"></p>

<input type="hidden" name="item3" value="PA12">
<input type="hidden" name="amount3" value="239.40">
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit3"></p>
</form>