[nycphp-talk] PHP Object handling. A rant.

Raymond DeRoo rderoo at supserv.com
Sat Jun 1 10:42:04 EDT 2002

Jerry--

> Is it really that bad? -> http://www.itchyfeet.org.nz/local/phprant.php

Some of the points he brings up where probably valid at the time of his
writing. Though he does not mention specifically which version he's using,
but I would guess 4.0.6. PHP 4.1.x> can put objects in sessions and be
carried from one page to the next. Still at issue (at least for 4.2.1) is
when you serialize() an object, methods are lost when you unserialize().
Though I've heard this has been corrected in Zend 2.0

As for is gripping about error handling, PHP 4.2 now ships default with E_ALL
for error reporting as the default. A *great* way to write code, but I don't
run production servers with error logging set that high. But that's just me,
YMMV.

.r