[nycphp-talk] SSL Alternatives

George Herson gherson at snet.net
Fri Jun 7 16:08:27 EDT 2002

Name recognition by your users of the various CAs differs of course, with
Verisign winning there, but more important is that your cert be recognized by
the popular browsers without alerts about an unrecognized CA popping up.

The low cost GeoTrust.com meets that requirement and has worked out well for me.
  (I recommend also getting their "SmartIcon" service, also cheap, so users can
click the SSL CA's seal at your site and get reassuring "website identity
confirmed" popup.)

george