MySQL Database permisions..

Ian Forsyth ian at plusfour.org
Mon Jun 10 13:39:46 EDT 2002

Hi,

I am setting up a server for several different accounts. Every account
requires a database.

I am restricting database access to localhost, and some ips..

I am trying to limit a user to just use one database.. I have put an entry
into the mysql.db table an it seems to do nothing.. i have flushed
privileges, and done use dbname.. and to no avail the new user i created has
access to all databases..

Do have have use GRANT in order to do this correctly? I thought i could just
do a manual insert into the mysql.db table..

Ian