[nycphp-talk] Oracle NLS_LANG problem: ADD

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 14 22:27:52 EDT 2002

I might be able to help on this one.

If you don't know already, consider http://orafaq.com and
http://oradoc.photo.net invaluable.  On orafaq.com somewhere, there is
a directory of every ORA-* error message, in addition to the search
ability.  I have the URL at work and will post Monday.

Anyway, although you say you're using the Oracle client, I'm assuming
this is running from Apache/PHP (as opposed to the actual Oracle
client).

If running Apache, you need to make sure that the proper Oracle
environment is actually available via Apache and permissions for the
Apache user.  I generally setup the environment in the apachectl script
in some way.  This ensures that Apache itself actually has the proper
environment, and cane be confirmed with a phpinfo() call.  Also, be
sure Apache has access to the Oracle client resource, which are
generally installed as a different user.

Let me know if this helps, and if not, any more details on the
situation (I use 8i client libs on RH 6.2 to connect to a NT server).

HZ