[nycphp-talk] Per-/con-ceptual problems with object orientation code loading

Eliot Shepard eshepard at slower.net
Tue Jun 18 17:40:23 EDT 2002

> IF MY CODE LOADS ONE FRIGGIN' BYTE THAT ISN'T NEEDED, IT WASTES A
> BYTE IN RAM AND THE TIME IT TOOK TO LOAD IT. DO YOU UNDERSTRAND THAT?

Experience is the skill of prioritizing one cost against others in order
to maximize efficiency, in my opinion. You can go ahead writing
conceptually optimal machine code to your heart's desire. I'll just get
more done than you. :^)

> ARRRGH!

Clearly you're going to write your code just the way you like. That's
fine. It's a great big open free world where all you need is a text
editor. Ain't it something?

But if you've no interest in hearing responses to your thoughts, my
preference would be that you troll somewhere else.

> YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM!!!! I'D FIRE YOU ON THE SPOT!

First you'd have to be my boss, and based on the tenor of your note, I'm
not too worried about that happening anytime soon.

Cheers!

Eliot

--
Eliot Shepard